Saturday, May 30, 2015

Armchair BEA Day 4 - The Constant Heartbreak that is Book to Movie Adaptations...

Book to Movie Adaptions
What books do you want to be made into a movie or television show? What are some of your favorites? We'll explore more about this topic, especially what works and what doesn't.  Are there any upcoming shows or movies that you're excited for? What are your recommendations?

I'm going to tell you a sad story.

So I read this book "Serena" and I loved it. I made my friends and family members read it and they loved it. I was feeling triumphant.






Then I heard they were making a movie based on the book and I was feeling nervous.







But then I heard the JLaw and Bradley Cooper were the leads and I was feeling thrilled!




But then I heard about the amount of reshoots they were needing to do....and then I heard nothing. I was feeling scared.





And then articles like this started coming out....


Serena is the cinematic equivalent of watching a car battery dying

Doomed from the beginning


It gets released on Netflix on June 9th and I will be watching it as soon as that beloved red envelope shows up in the mail. I'm holding out hope, because the critics are not always right, and I love the book so much.


We shall see!






4 comments:

  1. Bad book-to-movie adaptations are the WORST! I really feel for you :/ I was so so excited for the Golden Compass film, but what a disappointment! Not a patch on the book :( I hope Serena doesn't let you down!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember watching Golden Compass and just feeling like I had really missed something. Then when I heard it was a based on a book I was like "ohhhh ok. So they cut out a ton of crucial stuff. Of course." So sad, even though we always know the movie won't be as good!

      Delete
  2. It can go really really well ... or it can go very very wrong. I'll cross my fingers for Serena ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just feel like anything with Jlaw and Bradley Cooper is a license to print money! But maybe not... I'll report back :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment. I'd love to talk books with you!